Monday, November 8, 2010

Introduction

A bit about me and this blog:

I chose the name because, to me, Mike Hammer is the prototypical private detective. Mike Hammer cared passionately about each and every case, and always saw them through to a successful conclusion, whatever it took. Like Mike, I have a healthy respect for what's right and and an equally healthy contempt for the law when the two don't coincide. Unlike Mike, I rarely get physical. It's usually counterproductive in the real world, although it works to great effect for Mickey Spillane.

Stylistically, my instincts turn more to Philip Marlowe than Mike Hammer. Like Marlowe, I am a great appreciator of cheap whiskey, good coffee, and fedoras.

Me, I'm fairly new to the PI business. I've signed on with a more experienced PI in order to get my foot in the door and learn as much as I can as I move towards an eventual PI license and hanging up my own shingle.

We cover not only investigations, but personal protection and fugitive recovery as well. This fits with the plan I once conceived to open a truly full-service security firm. Actually, my plan was even more expansive: I wanted (and still do, eventually) to offer contract security, personal security, investigations, firearms and martial arts training, firearms sales, alarm systems and installation, locksmithing, IT security, and consulting for all of the above.

On this blog, you can expect a running commentary on my work and education in private investigations. I welcome comments and criticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment